Effective March 17, all senior centers in Iowa were mandated to close as part Governor Reynolds declaring a State of Iowa – Public Health Disaster Emergency.
Our leadership team has been diligently working with our Board and partners to ensure that, in the event closing was necessary, and we were prepared to continue serving seniors in Story County in the following capacities:
- Participants of the Adult Day Center, Activities and Congregate Meals were notified (via phone calls) of HSS’s closing through approximately May 15
- HSS and MGMC will continue to provide Meals on Wheels to those 60 and above that reside in Story County using ‘social distancing’ and other precautionary measures during each delivery
- Congregate meal participants can be added to the Meals on Wheels program
- Outreach Services will continue and Specialists will connect with seniors via the phone and by email.
- We are shifting our services to ensure our seniors have these necessities during this unprecedented time. Please reach out if you need assistance getting groceries and/or medications.
If things go better than anticipated, we could reopen prior to May 15. We will continually monitor the situation and keep our seniors and their families notified via Facebook and our website.
The HSS phone line (515.233.2906) will be staffed Monday through Friday between 7:30 AM to 3 PM for anyone who has questions or concerns. We sincerely appreciate all of our seniors, their families and our staff who are sacrificing for the greater good during this challenging time.